Our roots in Butler County can be traced to 1818 when Christian Augspurger of Strassburg, Germany, arrived in the Miami Valley as the first Mennonite in the area. He came with six families and purchased land near Trenton and Collinsville. In 1830, Jacob Augsburger was chosen and ordained as the first Mennonite preacher in Butler County, Ohio.
In 1832, a group of Hessian Mennonites, from a different area in Germany, arrived in the Butler County area. Because of cultural differences, the two groups of Mennonite organized two congregations in 1835. The two congregations reunited in the 1890’s and many descendants of both congregations still reside in the Trenton and Butler County areas.
Our current church was built in 1907, with the fellowship hall and additional Sunday School rooms added in 2005.
The Trenton Mennonite Cemetery, founded in 1863, is still located on Wayne Madison Road in Trenton.
Trenton Mennonite is a member of the Central District Conference of Mennonite Church USA.